Aggressive Defense Attorneys Ready To Fight For You In Fort Bend & Harris County
Were you accused of a crime? Every year there are thousands of residents or visitors that are arrested for any number of alleged criminal offenses in Fort Bend and Harris Counties and thousands of criminal cases clog the criminal justice system each month. The arrest process and experience can leave those facing charges feeling hopeless.
Often, the accused is willing to take a plea deal in an attempt to put the event behind them. Here at Segura & Kiatta, we are not in the business of plea bargaining as a first option. We will use our knowledge and experience to aggressively fight for your freedom. With sound legal advice and legal strategies, we put your future at the forefront of our practice.
Board Certified Criminal Defense
With 20+ years of experience, we have represented thousands of residents in both misdemeanor cases and felony cases throughout Fort Bend and Harris Counties. We are on your side. We understand how harrowing dealing with criminal charges can be and you have a good reason to be afraid. Texas is known to have some of the most severe sentencing guidelines in the country depending on the charges. Do not give in to a plea or give up on your freedom and good name without speaking to a qualified criminal defense attorney.
Criminal Lawyer Segura is a talented trial attorney and criminal attorney David Kiatta is Board Certified with the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Together this dedicated Criminal Defense team provides compassionate, confidential, and aggressive legal representation. Whatever your legal issues are, we provide a thorough case evaluation and are dedicated to you through the entire legal process, and if necessary, through your criminal trial.
Criminal Charges In Fort Bend County | Harris County
A criminal record affects all areas of your life as well as future educational and employment opportunities, do not leave your defense to chance. The Segura & Kiata law firm is devoted to fighting on behalf of the accused in order to get the best possible outcome for your criminal charges. You are not a case file or a case number, you, your family and your future are important to us. Segura & Kiatta personally work with you every step of the way.
We Will Leave No Stone Unturned In Your Defense
If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges, we will do our due diligence, investigate the facts and details surrounding the circumstances of the charges, and any alleged evidence and testimony to ensure that law enforcement did not violate your constitutional rights under the law. We will ensure that any evidence was properly obtained and was done so with legitimate probable cause. Further, combined decades of experience with Texas criminal courts and procedures allows us a unique vantage of how the prosecution works and how best we can serve and defend you.
Our law office serves residents facing charges in every district court and our criminal law defense practice serves the following practice areas:
- Drug Charges
- Domestic Violence
- Expunction/Non Disclosure
- Sex Crimes
- Theft & Robbery
- Violent Crimes
- White Collar Crimes
Misdemeanor and Felony Charges
While the process for both a misdemeanor charge and a felony charge in Texas is the same in most cases, the fines, penalties, and punishments differ.
- Misdemeanors are classified based on their seriousness and fall into three categories (Class A, Class B, and Class C). Fines for Misdemeanors can range from $500 up to up to $4000 and prison time can range from 180 days up to 1 year. The fines, fees, and penalties can be incremental based on the number of charges.
- Felony charges are classified by four categories (1st Degree, 2nd Degree, 3rd Degree, State Jail Felony, and Capital Felony). Fines for Felony Charges can range from $10,000 and can be incremental based on the number of charges. Punishment can range from 180 days in jail with the high end of the spectrum being Life or Execution.
Get Ahead Of Your Defense
It is in your best interest to speak to an experienced Texas criminal defense lawyer. Segura & Kiatta have decades of experience defending cases like yours. The prosecutor assigned to your case will likely specialize in the type of crime and charges that you are accused of and therefore, it is critical that you work with experienced criminal defense attorneys who have seasoned trial experience and strong case results.
[Includes the following cities: Baytown, Bellaire, Channelview, Crosby, Cypress, Deer Park, Galena Park, Highlands, Hockley, Houston, Huffman, Hufsmith, Humble, Katy, Kingwood, La Porte, Pasadena, Seabrook, South Houston, Spring, Tomball, Waller, Webster]
If you are a resident of Harris County, you already know that it is one of the most populated areas in the state of Texas, the Houston area amongst the most populous. The last declaration of statistics on the record date back to 2017 with rates of:
- over 8,000 violent crimes: 90+ murders, 500+ Rapes, 2900+ robberies, and 5400+ aggravated assaults were recorded
- over 40,000 property crimes recorded: there were 42,000+ burglaries, 29,000+ larcenies, 5,000+ motor vehicle thefts, and 200+ arsons.
Numbers On Crime In Fort Bend County
[Including the following cities: Beasley, Fresno, Fulshear, Guy, Houston, Katy, Kendleton, Missouri City, Needville, Orchard, Richmond, Rosenberg, Simonton, Stafford, Sugar Land, Thompsons]
Fort Bend County has over 700k residents and like Harris County, is not immune to crime.
- For violent crime, 9 murders were recorded, 100+ rapes, 140+ robberies, and 500+ aggravated assaults.
- For property crimes, there were over 700 burglaries, over 3000 larcenies, 200+ motor vehicle thefts, and over 30 arsons recorded.